Where to get led traffic glove materials?

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Mysc1encebudd1es

Where to get led traffic glove materials?

Post by Mysc1encebudd1es »

Where on amazon do I buy silver conductive epoxy for the led traffic glove materials? Is it hazardous? How much do I need? Is it the same epoxy u can buy at fry's electronics for $51? Also, where can I buy 2 x aaa battery holder with cover and switch? Ur suggested retailer is sold out and doesnt expect to get more in stock? Can a aa battery holder be used as a substitute?
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Where to get led traffic glove materials?

Post by bfinio »

Hi,

Jameco Electronics (www.jameco.com) is another good place to buy electronics supplies. If you search they should have a 2xAAA battery holder with cover and switch. We usually suggest them but they do not carry the LilyPad LEDs used in this project. You can not use a 1xAAA holder because that will only give you 1.5 volts, not 3 volts which is required to light the LEDs.

There are many different brands of conductive epoxy and you would have to read the individual labels for warnings. In general I don't remember it being that hazardous, although you certainly wouldn't want to ingest it. The epoxy is expensive though, do you have access to a soldering iron? Another option is to use conductive thread like in our LED dance glove project: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #materials. That materials lists also links to a different battery holder option.

Hope that helps.
Mysc1encebudd1es

Re: Where to get led traffic glove materials?

Post by Mysc1encebudd1es »

Thanks for the info. :D

Return to “Grades K-5: Physical Science”