just want what to opt after my 10th

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

harshaohri
Project Question: biology,physics,chemistry
Project Due Date: 29 feb,2010
Project Status: I am conducting my research

just want what to opt after my 10th

Post by harshaohri »

hey hi..
little information..for judging my careerer,,]
good at bio
well in maths
little prob in phy
gud in chem..but it is boring..
eng and hindi are my best subjects,,coz i score well in thm

it depends on u..so plz give the right choices to me...
i hope a gud result,,

[can u plz suggest me some nice physics books? plz...it will be gr8 of u,,to do tht]
Amber_MIT
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: just want what to opt after my 10th

Post by Amber_MIT »

Hi harshaohri,

Since we are not you, we cannot choose a career or your future focus in education for you. I can give you some general advice. First, you can take a look at our career section and browse through the different types of careers. This will give you an idea of what kinds of jobs you can do when you get older. Always be open to other opportunities because you never know what you might enjoy!

Also talk to people who work in these types of jobs or get one yourself. Internships are a great way to determine whether you like the career or not. Just keep trying things until you find one you are excited about and really enjoy. Sometimes it takes people many years to figure out what they want to do with their career. If you keep trying jobs and look at what you like/dislike and your personality, hopefully you'll find your passion sooner.

If you like science and writing, perhaps you could become a technical writer. Many other jobs also combine writing and science (even science research). Always go with what you think is fun (and preferably what you are good at, however that isn't necessary if you practice hard).

As for choosing classes, if you figure out what you want to do in your career, pick classes that will prepare you for that career. If you don't know what you want to do, take classes that you think you will enjoy and stay well-rounded.

Here is our list of careers (keep in mind there are many other careers that exist in the world, these are just some of them):
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... eers.shtml

Some physics books you might enjoy are:
-The Feynman Lectures on Physics (this is more of a textbook, I think there is also a DVD version)
-An Introduction to Mechanics by Daniel Kleppner and Robert J. Kolenkow (advanced textbook for college students who know calculus)
-Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman! (autobiography and it is fun to read, not really about physics but it is inspiring and he is funny)
-Hyperspace by Michio Kaku (fun reading)
-One Two Three . . . Infinity: Facts and Speculations of Science by George Gamow (fun reading)

You could also check out MIT's Open Course Ware, which has some of the materials online for many classes: http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/index.htm
Stuck? Check out our project guides!
Project Guide: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ndex.shtml
Advanced Project Guide: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ndex.shtml

Amber Hess
Expert
harshaohri
Project Question: biology,physics,chemistry
Project Due Date: 29 feb,2010
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: just want what to opt after my 10th

Post by harshaohri »

thanx..amber..