Project due tomarrow!!!!

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

Science.Nerd_025
Project Question: what store brand paper towels have the best absorbancy?
Project Due Date: 1-13-09
Project Status: I am just starting

Project due tomarrow!!!!

Post by Science.Nerd_025 »

My project is due tomarrow and i dont know what to write about in my report for the discussion. we have to write about our train of thought. I dont understand what to write about. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amber_MIT
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Project due tomarrow!!!!

Post by Amber_MIT »

Hi Science.Nerd,

Sorry no one got back to you in time. In the future please ask a question at least two days before your project is due. We try to answer within 24-48 hours. Experts check in on different days so you can't expect an immediate response (don't wait until the last minute! :-)).

If you still need help with your project, in a discussion you are supposed to analyze your results and think about what they mean. Did you see any trends in your data? If you found some equations and put them in your research paper, take a look at them again and see if you can use them to analyze your results. Did your results support your hypothesis?

Go back to your background research and apply it to your results to help you interpret what happened.

If something unexpected happened during the experiment, describe it and think about what could have happened to make the results turn out that way.

If one paper towel brand absorbed more than another, why do you think that is? Look at the structure of the paper towel and make a guess as to why some of the towels did better/worse than others.
Stuck? Check out our project guides!
Project Guide: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ndex.shtml
Advanced Project Guide: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ndex.shtml

Amber Hess
Expert

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”