Aerodynamics

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

arunim

Aerodynamics

Post by arunim »

I want to make an Aeroplane fully based on Aerodynamics...help me....give som infromation...
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Post by Craig_Bridge »

Are you thinking about a science experiment (testing out some hypothesis) or as an engineering challenge (build something that does xyz)?

If you are after a science experiment, you need to do some research and figure out something you want to try to test out.

If you are after an engineering challenge, then you need to come up with some requirements (the xyz). Again you need to do some research and think about what is an appropriate scale to attempt to work in.
-Craig
arunim

small HOVERCRAFT LIKE A SMALL CART(QUICK REPLY PLEASE)

Post by arunim »

I want to make a hovercraft similar to a small cart ....what would i need for it....i need quick reply
:) [/b]
I am Arunim Aich from India I need information pls help
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Post by Craig_Bridge »

If you are interested in hovercraft, then you need to do some of your own research by searching.

I doubt you can find a small light weight power source adequate to lift its own weight for use in a hovercraft experiment that you can use in a science fair project. If you are interested in a related science experiment, then consider using some external source of air flow like a shop vac and come up with a light weight hose and some small light weight models after you come up with a hypothesis to test.

Commercial hovercraft use expensive multi-stage high efficiency jet turbine engines only because they are about the only thing that will develop enough power to lift itself, its fuel source, and the craft.
-Craig

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”