Getting started: how nitrogen and phosphorus cycles are affecting different aspects of the environment

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

alepad1

Getting started: how nitrogen and phosphorus cycles are affecting different aspects of the environment

Post by alepad1 »

Hello,

I want to get started on an advanced science fair project this year in hope of taking the project to the international science fair. I am entering the 10th grade and I currently live in the United states. My area of focus for my project is how the nitrogen and phosphorus cycles are affecting different aspects of the environment today that result in effects in humanity. I would like to have a mentor that can support me in beginning this project and point me towards the direction of narrowing down to a specific topic and consecutively helping me with ideas of how I would test this topic. Thank you! I hope to get some feedback soon!
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Getting started: how nitrogen and phosphorus cycles are affecting different aspects of the environment

Post by MadelineB »

I apologize that no one has responded to your post and thank you for your patience.

Science Buddies has a project database with almost 1100 science projects. I suggest that you search those projects using key words like nitrogen and phosphorus and environment. For example, this link will take you to 3 projects.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/search?v ... orus+cycle

Each project write-up has a background section with several references. Studying these references might help you to identify specific questions so that you can narrow the focus of your project.

You might also find the Science Buddies project guide useful in helping you to describe your hypotheses and plan your experiments.

Please do not hesitate to ask more questions!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”