Cooling solar panels

Please post requests for answers to "interview" questions in this forum (only). Responses are not guaranteed, and requests that fail to follow Science Buddies' rules regarding interviews will be not be addressed.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Jasonbm
Project Question: My name is Jason and I am a 8th grade student at kent middle school. I am required to do a science experiment. I need to interview an expert on my topic.
Project Due Date: 1/16/15
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Cooling solar panels

Post by Jasonbm »

My name is Jason and I am a 8th grade student at a middle school. I am required to do a science experiment. I have chosen to determine whether or whether not the cooling of photovoltaic cells have a positive impact of the production of power. Also to find a cheap and efficient way to generate power and warm water for economically disadvantaged communities.
One of the requirements is to interview an expert on my topic. I have constructed a cooling system for my photovoltaic cells. My cooling system is 2 12”x12” pieces of sheet metal on top of each other with spacers in the middle. It’s a sealed system. I placed it on the back of the photovoltaic cell and pumped water through it to cool it down.

Questions:

What is the science behind photovoltaic cells?

How does heat reduce the efficiency of photovoltaic cells?

Do you have any suggestions on how I could Improve my design?

Do you enjoy working in this field?

What do you do in this field?

How did you get interested in this field?

What impact would my experiment have?

Is their any advice or information you can give me about this field?

How does your job relate to my experiment?

Thank you for your time.

Return to “Interview Requests”