help with experiment color of light on plants

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Marisa Caceres

help with experiment color of light on plants

Post by Marisa Caceres »

I tried to do an experiment from this web site and I am not sure what the results revealed. I put different colored sleeves on the leaves of a plant. 3 blue, 3 red, 3 yellow, 3 green, 3 black, and 3 clear (used this as the contol. I put a green plant out in sun for one week and watered daily. The object of the experiment was to see if the color of light will affect chlorophyll content of leaf. My results were varied and I wasn't really sure what was suppose to happen. Please help.
Marisa
ahmee
Former Expert

Post by ahmee »

Hi Marisa,

Could you give me the url for your experiment so that I can check it out and get back to you? Thanks. =)
Amy =P
surekhamuralidharan
Former Expert

Post by surekhamuralidharan »

Hey Marisa,

I think it would be easier to help if you also told us how your plants varied.

Thanks,
Surekha
Marisa Caceres

Hi Amy

Post by Marisa Caceres »

I found the experiment on science buddies. org under life science experiments
Marisa
Marisa Caceres

Hi Surekha

Post by Marisa Caceres »

There was just one plant. I was testing the leaves of one plant
Marisa
ahmee
Former Expert

Post by ahmee »

Hi Marisa,

Could you also post your results?

So far, from the information you've given me, I think you're supposed to be looking for how the chlorophyll in the leaves have changed.

I hope this helps. =)
Amy =P
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

Marisa,
I am now doing the same expeeriment. What were your results because I am having a little trouble figuring out what is supposed to happen. Please reply is you can! Thanks!

Danielle
Danielle
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

Just so you know, Danielle, I really doubt Marisa will reply--her last post was made almost 9 months ago! As an expert, I really appreciate that you've made the effort to use the search function, though--I'm sorry it didn't turn up anything more useful :(.
Danielle

Help with leaves covered with colored transparencies!!!!

Post by Danielle »

Melissa,

Could you help with my question? I am trying to do the same experiment and have covered the leaves of a philodendron with colored transparencies (red, blue, yellow, green, clear and black construction paper). They have been covered for one week and when I observed them there has been no change. Should this change take longer to appear. What should I be looking for?
Danielle
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

See the other thread.

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”