I need help finding out whats behind trampolines & cartw

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
kathrynh

I need help finding out whats behind trampolines & cartw

Post by kathrynh »

Well i know when you are jumping on the trampoline and your in the mid-air there is fluid friction. there is force when you jump on the trampoline. there is inertia when you are jumping up and down with another person and you slam into them. for cartwheels when you put your hands on the ground your applying force to the ground, i think. i need 5 science concepts for my project. i need help figuring out what to use, thanks :)
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Post by Craig_Bridge »

Try looking up Newton's Laws of Motion. Inertia applies in more cases than you described. Look up Force Vectors. Look up tension. Look up compression. Look up gravity. Look up mass. Look up weight. Look up potential energy. Think about the springs on the trampoline. Think about what they attach to. Watch how they work as someone else jumps on the trampoline. Look up the physics of springs. Think about what holds the trampoline up. Look up trajectories.

And that is just for a start at the macro level for just the trampoline. There are probably things that rotate or twist - torsion and torque. There are probably things that distort. Add the human body interacting with the trampoline and there is a lot more involved. Dynamic balance, sensing, ....

Then think about the human muscular skeletal system. There are probably more than 20 things going on in just the wrist joints alone in a cartwheel. Look up how the various joints and muscles work.
-Craig
kathrynh

Post by kathrynh »

Thanks so much, Craig_Bridge. it made me think more of what to think about :)

Return to “Physical Science”