Magnets And information on cyclotron and its construction

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
sharad2006007

Magnets And information on cyclotron and its construction

Post by sharad2006007 »

Please,anyone there who can help me on information on magnets and on cyclotron and also if there is any simple way for construction of working model of cyclotron.
I want information on Magnets and its any one major application.Give me its construction information also if possible.
Louise
Former Expert

Re: Magnets And information on cyclotron and its constructio

Post by Louise »

sharad2006007 wrote:Please,anyone there who can help me on information on magnets and on cyclotron and also if there is any simple way for construction of working model of cyclotron.
I'm not sure what you mean by a "working model". If it works, then it is a cyclotron, not a model.

There is some general information about cyclotrons at the wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclotron

There is also some general information about magnets there:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet

Louise
sharad2006007

Construction of cyclotron on a small scale

Post by sharad2006007 »

Ca n u Please tell me about construction of cyclotron on a small scale?
I want information on Magnets and its any one major application.Give me its construction information also if possible.
Louise
Former Expert

Re: Construction of cyclotron on a small scale

Post by Louise »

sharad2006007 wrote:Ca n u Please tell me about construction of cyclotron on a small scale?
Have you read the links I have provided? You should look at the information I gave AND do your own research. I do not think you (a student) can construct a working cyclotron. There are cyclotrons of all sizes, including rather small, but they require carefully engineered parts, very strong magnets, and high electrical fields. Plus, the output of a cyclotron is high energy particles, which can be dangerous.

What is your hypothesis for your project?

Louise
sharad2006007

Post by sharad2006007 »

I only have to collect some info on magnets and infact this year is based on applications of magnets.So,I thought that cyclotron is rather a good topic to do & also we have a little information on cyclotron in our studies.

Can u suggest more topic to me ??
Louise
Former Expert

Post by Louise »

sharad2006007 wrote:I only have to collect some info on magnets and infact this year is based on applications of magnets.So,I thought that cyclotron is rather a good topic to do & also we have a little information on cyclotron in our studies.

Can u suggest more topic to me ??
Why don't you look through the project ideas on this site.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... Elec.shtml

Here is an example project about magnets.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... ?from=Home

I would double check that you have to have a "working model". If it is just a model, you could still do cyclotrons.

Louise
sharad2006007

Post by sharad2006007 »

thanks for help...It was great having conversation with you and you provided me wid valuable information.
thanks again
Louise
Former Expert

Post by Louise »

sharad2006007 wrote:thanks for help...It was great having conversation with you and you provided me wid valuable information.
thanks again
I am glad you found this helpful. Good luck with your project!

Louise

Return to “Physical Science”