Effectiveness of 'Tawa -tawa plant' for Dengue Victims

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

jmercado

Effectiveness of 'Tawa -tawa plant' for Dengue Victims

Post by jmercado »

Hello, I'm joan mercado. I happen to browse this site and i should say i love sites that invites a healthy conversations. A week ago i suffered Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever Grade 1 and I spent 7 days in the hospital. When my platelet went down at 82 my doctor told my relatives to prepare atleast two donors for a possible blood transfusion since it is critical on my case because my hemoglobin is only 10 which means I am way anemic. My relatives started to get anxious and they made more tawa-tawa for me to drink and they really invest on it because they believe it is very effective. I see its result that's why when my platelet went down again to 79K they again insist on me to drink a lot of it. So the blood transfusion was never made to realize because on my next blood count the trend of my platelet is ascending and I got no more fever for two days. I was made to discharged with 97K of my platelet. My questions are; How does 'tawa-tawa' works as it comes inside the body? What is with the 'tawa-tawa' that made my relatives believe its effectiveness to cure Dengue?

Thanks for taking time reading my message. Hoping from your response.
There is no doubt in my mind that there are many ways to be a winner, but there is really only one way to be a loser and that is to fail and not look beyond failure.

-Kyle Rote Jr.-
Ceal Craig

RE: question on dengue fever

Post by Ceal Craig »

Joan, thanks for posting your experience on our Ask an Expert Forum! Glad you are doing well now.

We are not experts in medical treatment; instead we are here to help K-12 school students with their science projects. Thus, having a dialogue on this here in this Forum is probably not your best place. Good luck in your future endeavors finding a discussion board. Sounds interesting...

Ceal Craig
Ask an Expert
Science Buddies Forum
sabinuta

Post by sabinuta »

If you are anemic you got a real problem there, but i do not know if anyone around here has medical training so what can i say keep on searching. You could look up on the Supplement Discussion forum for some vitamins who could help you adjust your condition.

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”