More help regarding the Pgreen plasmid

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
gottainvent

More help regarding the Pgreen plasmid

Post by gottainvent »

I earlier posted a question about the Pgreen plasmid. It is a kit I bought from Carolina. I did the transformation. It worked, only on one colony????
I viewed them under the UV light, while all had a dull colour one had a bright green color but the others didn't glow.They had PAmpplasmid but.The Questions are? :?:
1.Why did only one colony glow?
2.Can I multiply the above given colony?
3.If so what is the strength of Ampicillin I got to use? :roll:
Louise
Former Expert

Re: More help regarding the Pgreen plasmid

Post by Louise »

gottainvent wrote:I earlier posted a question about the Pgreen plasmid. It is a kit I bought from Carolina. I did the transformation. It worked, only on one colony????
I viewed them under the UV light, while all had a dull colour one had a bright green color but the others didn't glow.They had PAmpplasmid but.The Questions are? :?:
1.Why did only one colony glow?
2.Can I multiply the above given colony?
3.If so what is the strength of Ampicillin I got to use? :roll:
Please don't start new threads. If you called Carolina and they could not help, then post the new information in the old thread and we will try to help. I don't work with plasmids, but my coworker does, and the first thing he does when he has problems is to call the company. (And he has a Ph.D. in chemistry! ) The point is, the company has a lot of experience with that plasmid, and usually can figure out what is wrong very quickly.

Louise
gottainvent

Thanks

Post by gottainvent »

Sorry about that.I didin't know that i shouldn't start a new thread on the same topic. :( I'll call them again, i tried calling them but they weren't specific.But I'll try again. Thank you. 8)
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by ChrisG »

When you do correspond with the company and still need help, please post the company's response along with your questions. It will help the experts understand the issues with your experiment. Good luck!

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”