need help asap

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
dhara

need help asap

Post by dhara »

I AM DOING EXPT ON YEAST METABOLISM AND IT IS UNDER MICROBIOLOGY AND NOT THE BIOCHEM , SO I AM SORRY IF I GAVE YOU TROUBLE, PLEASE HELP ME . THANK YOU.
HI, I AM DOING EXPT ON YEAST METABOLISM THE ONE ON SCIENCE BUDDIES LIST AND DONOT KNOW HOW TO REMOVE AIR FROM THE ANEROBIC RESPIRATION BOTTLE . HELP PLEASE ASAP. THANK YOU
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

Okay. Can you give us more information about what you are doing and where you are stuck? Can you also tell us what grade you're in (so we can use appropriate terminology)?
adance
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by adance »

dhara,

I skimmed through the experiment and I think I understand your question. When it talks about "aerobic" and "anaerobic" conditions, it means how much air is in the water (not above the surface). So when you boil the water, that takes all the bubbles out. Then, for the +air condition, you add air back in with the aquarium pump. The -air condition remains as it is.

This is similar to what scientists do in labs; they grow cultures on a shaking platform so that air bubbles are always swirling around the solution. And after you do the experiment, you'll understand why they do it that way.

Good luck.
Amber Dance
Science Buddy
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

Ooops, I did not see the question in your signature--I was looking for it in your post! Sorry about that.

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”