Questions about hair color

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
faith92

Questions about hair color

Post by faith92 »

Hello, I am currently in the research process of my science fair topic. I am investigating the effect of chemically lightening hair on hair composition.
I have a few questions that I wanted to ask in order to make my project the best that it can be.
-What is the process that hair goes through when it is chemically lightened?
-Are certain types of hair more susceptible to damage from chemical lightening?
-How does hair react with humidity? (i plan to use a hygrometer to measure change)
-What would have more of an effect on the hair, time dyed for, or dye concentration?
-Would the amount of day to day damage to the hair effect the change in composition after chemically lightening?
Thank you for your time. Any help is greatly appreciated.
James
Former Expert

Post by James »

Hi,

The answers to the questions you posted are readily available in the scientific literature and even a quick search via Google.

Good luck,

James
Willz
Former Expert

Post by Willz »

James wrote:Hi,

The answers to the questions you posted are readily available in the scientific literature and even a quick search via Google.

Good luck,

James
As James stated before, these are questions that can be quite easily obtained by doing a quick search. Remember that we are here to help and give advice for your project, not just answer a bunch of questions that can be researched. To start off, you might want to look around on these sites: http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair ... WAVABHM3MK
http://www.hairparlor.com/haircare-arti ... aching.htm

Hope this helps!

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”