Title for Hurricane Project

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

Gaby S.
Project Question: Do Hurricanes Cool The Ocean?
Project Due Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Title for Hurricane Project

Post by Gaby S. »

Hello!! My name is Gaby Schleining and I am doing the project "Do Hurricanes Cool the Ocean?"
http://www.sciencebuddies.com/mentoring ... ?from=Home
I was just wondering if you had any ideas for what to have for the title. I think I want something attention-grabbing, but not toooo cheesy, if you know what I mean.
I would appreciate any advice and suggestions anyone can give me on this. Thank you for your time.
"Demolish the bridges behind you...then there is no choice but to move forward."
- Firdtjof Nansen
scibudadmin
Site Admin

Re: Title for Hurricane Project

Post by scibudadmin »

Gaby,

It's great to hear that you've selected a project topic. You've already completed one of the hardest steps in science fair. You have a couple of options when it comes to titles for your Project Idea. My first suggestion is for you to simply use the title that is provided by Science Buddies. Since your project will be based on the instructions in the Project Idea it is perfectly acceptable that you use the title as it is shown. Your second choice is to make up a title of your own. You want to make sure it includes all the necessary points so that judges and observers know what it's about and at the same time it grabs their attention.

There is some information on project Questions at https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... tion.shtml which might help you develop a title.

I suggest you play around with a few ideas and then you can always repost them here for feedback.

Good luck with your project!

Regards,
Melissa G.
Science Buddies Staff
Gaby S.
Project Question: Do Hurricanes Cool The Ocean?
Project Due Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Title for Hurricane Project

Post by Gaby S. »

Melissa,
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I think for the sake of simplicity I will go with "Do Hurricanes Cool The Ocean?" because it definitely sums up the project and draws people into what my project is about. Again, thanks for the advice-happy cheers to you!!
Gaby S.
"Demolish the bridges behind you...then there is no choice but to move forward."
- Firdtjof Nansen

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”