display board problem

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

hbt1817
Project Question: I am doing a project over why saturn has rings andsince you cant do an experiment I am wondering how to set up my display board
Project Due Date: 02/12/2008
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

display board problem

Post by hbt1817 »

I am doing a project over why saturn has rings. Since i cannot do an experiment , I was wondering how to do my display board
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Re: display board problem

Post by barretttomlinson »

First I suggest reading Science Buddies discussion on preparing your display board for your fair. This has really good ideas on project presentations:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... oard.shtml

You say you cannot do an experiment, so think hard about your project. Do you have a hypothesis? What are the variables? Do you have observations? Do you have a theory or explanation about how and why the rings form? How did you test your hypothesis? How do you think the rings formed? How could you test the hypothesis(are there calculations that support your theory? Why do you think the calculations are correct? Do the calculations also explain other phenomena?)

The project display board needs to tell an interesting story. It should say what the story is about, why the story is interesting or important, develop the story line, then end with the most important conclusions, and possibly suggest how the chapter in the story could be written (the experiment or observation that would be helpful to do next).

This is a really fascinating topic that has puzzled people for centuries, so you should be able to do a dynamite display with it. Good luck!

Barrett Tomlinson

Return to “Grades K-5: Physical Science”