Trajectory

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Levi S.
Project Question: How does the angle of a projectile affect the distance traveled? We have searched but cannot find elementary information on this subject. The plan is to shoot arrows at various angles and measure the distance traveled. We are trying to "gather information" to fulfill the Scientific Method.
Project Due Date: 4/7/08
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Trajectory

Post by Levi S. »

I am trying to find information about how the angel a projectile is launched affects the distance of travel. I am trying to "Gather Information" for my project, but cannot find elementary level facts.
Levi S.
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Re: Trajectory

Post by barretttomlinson »

Hi,

Here is a website that looks good to answer your questions:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/traj.html

For additional information, try searching Google for “trajectory equations” or similar topics.

Good luck with the project. This a historically important topic that was much studied by military folks.

Best regards,
Barrett Tomlinson
Levi S.
Project Question: How does the angle of a projectile affect the distance traveled? We have searched but cannot find elementary information on this subject. The plan is to shoot arrows at various angles and measure the distance traveled. We are trying to "gather information" to fulfill the Scientific Method.

Post by Levi S. »

Levi S. wrote:I am trying to find information about how the angel a projectile is launched affects the distance of travel. I am trying to "Gather Information" for my project, but cannot find elementary level facts.
Levi S.
Levi S.

Re: Trajectory I need information and FAST!!!!!

Post by Levi S. »

I'm looking for deminstrations and information on projectiles and trajectory but can not find elemtory facts. I'm not looking for equations, just information. I need info. FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by ChrisG »

Hi Levi S,
For general demonstrations on projectile trajectories, try an online search for "projectile trajectory demonstration" or "trajectory demonstration" or some other similar terms. There are many web pages with general information that might be helpful to you. A physics textbook would also be helpful if you can find one that is suitable for your grade level. If you have some more specific questions about how to carry out your experiment, please don't hesitate to ask!
Good luck,
Chris

Return to “Grades K-5: Physical Science”