Sharing the final reports

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

granddad
Project Question: My grandson just completed a project on a better lemon battery and during the process we found that good/accurate examples were difficult to find. Where should he post his final report as an example for others?
Project Due Date: Completed first place
Project Status: Not applicable

Sharing the final reports

Post by granddad »

One of the problems for first timers is finding accurate and complete information on the topics and process. Science Buddies is a life saver. The question relates to sharing the final result. My grandson would like to share his final report with other first timers to help with the process. Where/how is this best done? He finished in first and his final report is a PDF.

Thanks
geoffbruton
Former Expert

Re: Sharing the final reports

Post by geoffbruton »

Good afternoon granddad,

We're very pleased to hear that your grandson has found this site to be so useful! Thank you for sharing your comments.

As for sharing the final report in pdf format, under the "Post A Reply" screen, there are two tabs: one labeled "Options" (which is the default tab) and the other is labeled "Upload attachment". The file can be attached to the posted message in this way. Other students should then be able to view the file if they search the website and locate the original thread.

However, I do not know what the file type or size limitations are for attachments. (The answer under "Frequently Asked Questions" simply states that the Board Administrator will determine what can be uploaded.

I will see what I can find out through Science Buddies and post back if I find anything.

Best wishes and thanks again,
Geoff.
Geoff Bruton
Firearm & Toolmark Section
Ventura County Sheriff's Department
Forensic Sciences Laboratory
granddad
Project Question: My grandson just completed a project on a better lemon battery and during the process we found that good/accurate examples were difficult to find. Where should he post his final report as an example for others?
Project Due Date: Completed first place
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Sharing the final reports

Post by granddad »

Looks like the max file size is 256KB and his report is 1 meg with the supporting images.

Thanks for the response. Even knowing the attachment option was there it took some time to see it.

Thanks again,

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”