zinc-air fuell cells

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

ajay
Project Question: can you give ideas to make a zinc-air fuel cell that will fit inside my mini mars rover working model?
Project Due Date: 8-monday-september
Project Status: I am just starting

zinc-air fuell cells

Post by ajay »

Hello,
im designing a space rover(lunar or mars) which is a mini working model. It has to run with zinc-air batteries. Please give ideas to make the zinc-air fuell cell.
thank you very much
ajay
ajay
Project Question: can you give ideas to make a zinc-air fuel cell that will fit inside my mini mars rover working model?
Project Due Date: 8-monday-september
Project Status: I am just starting

zinc-air fuel cells

Post by ajay »

Hello
I need ideas on making a compact zinc air fuell cell that can fit inside my working model of a space rover( 6 wheeled small tanker).
thank you
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Re: zinc-air fuell cells

Post by Craig_Bridge »

I would recommend that you do some web searching on "zinc air batteries" and/or "zinc air fuel cells" as a start. Given that your target environment does not have atmospheric oxygen, you will have to take this into account. One starting place for a quick understanding of the chemistry involved is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc-air_battery
-Craig
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: zinc-air fuell cells

Post by tdaly »

ajay,

I have merged your other topic into this one. Please keep all questions about your project on one topic.

Thanks!
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”