Impressive Science Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

mythology

Impressive Science Project

Post by mythology »

Greetings

This year is my 2nd year of Science Research.
Last year I did a project on fruitflies and natural vs. artificial esters.
I enjoyed it, but I'm ready for the next step!

Let me be blunt,

I AM IN SEARCH OF A MEDICAL PROJECT THAT WILL BLOW JUDGES MINDS.
I AM WILLING TO DO THE WORK AND GET A MENTOR.
I WANT AN IDEA THAT IS HIGH INTEL LEVEL WORK.
THIS PROJECT ALONE COULD BE MY KEY TO MY DREAM UNIVERSITY.
I AM NOT JUST DOING FOR THE GLORY AND PURKS, BUT ALSO BECAUSE I WANT TO BE A HIGH LEVEL PEDIATRIACIAN.
PLEASE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS. THERE ARE NONE TOO BIG OR SMALL!

THANK YOU AND WISH ME LUCK!
Last edited by mythology on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Re: Impressive Science Project

Post by barretttomlinson »

Hi,

I suggest you start your search for a science fair project idea by reviewing the Science Buddies Project Ideas Guide, particularly the Life Sciences section. You might also want to browse through the Ask an Expert forum posts for the last year, as we get asked some great questions. Finding the right project for you is a highly creative and individual process - it depends on what fascinates you, and no expert on this forum is going to be able to tell you that. Here is the link to the Project Ideas page:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... deas.shtml

I wish you a highly successful year and a brilliant science fair success!

Barrett Tomlinson
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Post by barretttomlinson »

Hi,

I want to call your attention to the following article that appeared in the Wall Street Journal, September 3, 2008 of page D1:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122038021590991599.html

Entitled “Elevated Rate of Teen Suicide Stirs Concern - Trend is Linked to Drop in Use of Antidepressants After FDA Raised Worries About Risks” by Sarah Rubenstein, this stories addresses an issue that should be of great interest to a soon to be pediatrician, and addresses an issue that seems far from clear and needs deep and incisive analysis.

Best Wishes,

Barrett L. Tomlinson
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tdaly »

mythology,

I am so glad that you are starting to plan your project with the goal of going to and winning at ISEF. Having that vision this early on will really help you as your work on your project. The resources Barrett Tomlinson has provided are excellent. I wanted to point out a few other resources Science Buddies has to offer that are specifically tailored to help students like yourself who are preparing for top competitions. The main "Competitions" page is found here: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ndex.shtml. You should particularly look at the material under the "Advanced Science Competitions" page. There is a lot of good material there right now, but keep checking the page frequently because in the next few weeks Science Buddies is going to be releasing a whole bunch of new resources that are targeted to helping you get ready for ISEF and other top competitions.

Good luck!
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”