Procedure!! Reaction time due Tomorrow

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

BringthePaine
Project Question: Procedure! Testing Reaction Time
Project Due Date: January 14, 2009
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Procedure!! Reaction time due Tomorrow

Post by BringthePaine »

I need a procedure for reaction time. I have until January 2009 to perform the procedure but I need the procedure by tonight to turn in tomorrow.
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Procedure!! Reaction time due Tomorrow

Post by ChrisG »

Hi BringthePaine,
Welcome to the Ask an Expert forum. You've probably realized by now that this is not an instant-response type of forum. We experts here are scientists and engineers with busy schedules. We try to check in as often as possible, but it can take anywhere from hours to weeks to fully resolve a student's question, depending on the type of question and who is available to help.
If you still need help coming up with a procedure for your science fair project, please let us know. It would be very helpful if you would provide some additional information about your scientific question, hypothesis, and background research.
Thanks,
Chris
MelissaB

Re: Procedure!! Reaction time due Tomorrow

Post by MelissaB »

One common method I've seen used to measure reaction time is to have one person drop a meter stick through the gap between someone's thumb and forefinger and ask them to grab it as quickly as they can once it's dropped. You can then measure the length the stick dropped based on where they catch it.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”