Earth Science

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

aerogirl19
Project Question: EARTH SCIENCE
Project Due Date: OCT 16, 2008
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Earth Science

Post by aerogirl19 »

My science project is on,Which section of a town has the most pollution in the form of airborne particles?What I'm doing is I'm doing is I'm getting 15 sticks of wooden dowels,and stapling an index card on each stick and on those index cards I'm drawing a circle and putting petroleum jelly in it so it will catch the pollution.Then I'm going to get a magnifying glass to see up close what type of pollution is on the petroleum jelly. Then when I'm all done I'm going to wrap the sticks with plastic wrap.Okay, now i have a couple of questions for you.What is your name?Are you a boy or a girl?How long have you been an expert?Are you an expert on pollution and airborne particles?If you are, tell me what you know about them both and be descriptive.That is all the questions,and please write back as soon as possible.Thank you for your time.
staryl13
Former Expert
Project Question: Neuroregeneration
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Earth Science

Post by staryl13 »

Hi aerogirl,
That sounds like a great question. I'm not an expert on pollution myself, but I hope these links will help you out-
http://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=particle.airborne
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 131918.htm
A quick google search should give you some helpful results as well...good luck on your project!
"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." -Isaac Asimov

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”