Statistical analysis:Analysis of Varians

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

pinoy_escibidoo
Project Question: magnetic levitation
Project Due Date: next year
Project Status: I am just starting

Statistical analysis:Analysis of Varians

Post by pinoy_escibidoo »

Hi I'm pinoy_escibidoo from the Philippines.. In our research paper, a portion of it contains the statistical analysis which involves ANOVA or analysis of varians can somebody help me with the compputation?

I need help in computing one-way and two-way anova and since we don't have any replicates of the study.. can somebody give us any advice regarding the statistical analysis portion of our research paper?

I have no clue on how to do this since statistics isn't going to be taught until the 3rd year of high school here in the philippines...
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Statistical analysis:Analysis of Varians

Post by ChrisG »

Hi,
There are many web pages dedicated to explaining this statistical test and even providing online calculators. Please try a search for "ANOVA". Here is one example page.
http://www.physics.csbsju.edu/stats/anova.html
Good luck,
Chris
sunbeam
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Statistical analysis:Analysis of Varians

Post by sunbeam »

If you google "anova two-way tutorial" you get a few pages that have simple explanations of ANOVA and two-way ANOVA.

If you are allowed to use software to do the ANOVA calculations, you can download the free statistical software R (http://www.r-project.org/) to do it.

Once you read up about ANOVA, let us know if you have any specific questions!

Laura

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”