HELP NEED EXPERT ADVICE

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

wenmia
Project Question: Do boys or girls have a faster reaction time? Does age make a difference on reaction time. Older generation vs. Younger generation?
Project Due Date: 2/13/08
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

HELP NEED EXPERT ADVICE

Post by wenmia »

I am doing my Science Fair Project on Reaction time. Do boys have a faster reaction time than girls? Does age affect your reaction time? Older generation vs. Younger generation? Your help is most appreciated!
MelissaB

Re: HELP NEED EXPERT ADVICE

Post by MelissaB »

What is it that you need help with?
wenmia
Project Question: Do boys or girls have a faster reaction time? Does age make a difference on reaction time. Older generation vs. Younger generation?

Post by wenmia »

I have to ask 3 experts the same question. I have already asked 2 experts these questions, and I need one more expert to answer.

In your opinion -

Do boys have a faster reaction time than girls?

Does age affect your reaction time? Older generation vs. Younger generation?
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

I don't have an opinion on that--I think there are lots of confounding factors when you're talking about reaction time, and that the relationship between reaction time and age is not linear. Why do you need answers from experts?
wenmia

Post by wenmia »

I wish I knew. My teacher says that we need to get the opinion of 3 experts for our Science Fair Project. I thank you for your time and opinion.
trexzert
Project Question: Speeding up the degradation process of organic substances.
Project Due Date: Jan 11
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by trexzert »

THIS Project remind me of a experiment I did in class. It was factors and affected our reaction time. Basically, we had a partner that held a 1 meter ruler just less than a mm above our hand. The partner then dropped the 1 meter ruler and the tester tries to catch it as fast as s/he can. The distance will be in cm. The smaller the cm, the faster you've caught it. Also note: It is impossible to catch the ruler at below 10cm unless you've did the experiment wrong. You can try this in class. This experiment only test the reaction speed of the hand. (There are a lot of variables here that will affect the outcome of the experiment. e.g. The ruler may be above less than a mm, the tester will know when the partner drops it as s/he can see the body movement in action whereas if the tester could not see the partner, than he/she may react slower.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”