Please review my problem..Asap

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

kimspencer
Project Question: How to
How to create an attachment device that will hold electropositive metals (EPM) to repel sharks and stick to a surfboard while surfing?
Project Due Date: 11/25/08
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Please review my problem..Asap

Post by kimspencer »

Is this a good way to state my problem?

How to create an attachment device that will hold electropositive metals (EPM) to repel sharks and stick to a surfboard while surfing?

We are testing which adhesive works best to hold our attachment. We have already created the attachment. Also, do I state my variables in this part of the research paper?
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Please review my problem..Asap

Post by dcnick96 »

Hi kimspencer.

Are you testing the attachment or just the adhesive? If you are testing the attachment, then your question is fine. However, if you are just testing the adhesive, you may want to rephrase your question. Be sure it is clear what you are testing. Currently, by starting out with "How to create an attachment...", you're leading me to believe you are testing different types of attachments.

Once you finalize your problem statement, then you can define your dependent and independent variables.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write back with your revised question if you would like more feedback. Also, don't forget to review the Science Fair Project Guide on this website for further explanations and examples.

Good luck!
Deana

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”