Freezing Milk with different fat percentages

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

pharding
Project Question: Data
Project Due Date: 12/17/08
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Freezing Milk with different fat percentages

Post by pharding »

I have completed my 4th grade project - I froze 4 different kinds of milk: Fat free, 2%, whole and butter milk. I used 100 ml of each and did the experiment 3 times. My hypothesis was that the milk with the most fat would take the longest to freeze. Now I have to list my data and I am not sure how to show the data. I already completed my graph but the data part is confusing. Can you show me an example that would go with my experiment?
AerospaceGuy
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Freezing Milk with different fat percentages

Post by AerospaceGuy »

Hi,

That's an interesting idea! It could be very important for farmers to know how certain types of milk behave at low temperatures in storage, so your experiment is a good one.The best way to report this data is in an easy-to-read table, with one column for each of your four types of milk, and one row for each of the three experiments, plus another row for an average of all three times. Does that make sense? Sorry there is no example, I tried to post one but it didn't work.

If you can make a table like that, judges and viewers can easily find the data for every type of milk for all 3 times that you performed the experiment.

I hope this helps you! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
O God, Thy sea is so great, and my boat is so small!
-Anonymous
edneu3
Former Expert
Occupation: Engineer - Product & Technical Development Executive Director
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Freezing Milk with different fat percentages

Post by edneu3 »

If you are still stuck trying to figure out how to present your data, try this link, here on this web site: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... data.shtml.

Along with the good ideas provided by AeroSpace Guy, this should help.

Good luck.

Return to “Grades K-5: Physical Science”