Need Help for Science Fair Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

sasawatc
Project Question: I going to have a science fair project and the topic must be about Innovation that make life easier. I don't know what topic should I choose. Please help me.
Thank you in advance.
Project Due Date: 7 January 2009
Project Status: Not applicable

Need Help for Science Fair Project

Post by sasawatc »

I going to have a science fair project and the topic must be about Innovation that make life easier. I don't know what topic should I choose. Please help me.
Thank you in advance.
The due date is 7th January 2009
donnahardy2
Former Expert

Re: Need Help for Science Fair Project

Post by donnahardy2 »

Hi Sasawatc,

Welcome to science buddies. For this type of project, the best way to come up with a topic is to think about your everyday life and pick one topic to make an innovation of your own that will make your life easier. Maybe you will want to invent a new mode of transportation to get to school or invent a tool that will help with a chore that you do (like washing dishes, taking out the garbage, or feeding a pet).

Another approach would be to check out recent scientific discoveries that others have made and use someone else's discovery as a basis for your project. Here is a website that lists recent discoveries. http://www.nsf.gov/discoveries/
I also recommend checking out the latest issue of Discover magazine: http://discovermagazine.com/. You can also go through the topic selection guide of the science buddies website to pick ideas that are of interest to you.

Once you have picked a topic, do write again if you have any questions about the scientific basis of your project.

Good luck!

Donna Hardy

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”