ROV

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Bianca_00
Project Question: My son is doing the Programming NANORGs in a virtual in a Virtual World, but when he tried to get started, the program CONTEST06 did not work. Could you help him with who has done this project before and how to start the program?
Project Due Date: 10/1/08
Project Status: I am just starting

ROV

Post by Bianca_00 »

Hi,This is from my son -Jonathan

My name is Jonathan. I am interested in ROVs (underwater robot) and I want to do a science project on them. Could you be able to help me create a suitible idea and experiment? I currently researched ROVs and what they can do, plus some basic requirements (bouyancy, density etc.).
Thanks Jonathan
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: ROV

Post by ChrisG »

Hi and welcome to the Ask an Expert Forums,
I am going to move this to the physical sciences forum where it will get more attention from people able to answer your questions. Is Jonathan in grades 9-12?
A demonstration of ROV abilities might fall short of expectations for a science fair project. A science project should have a testable hypothesis that relates to one of the general fields of science. We do have many project ideas that would relate to ROV's, for example dealing with bouyancy, pressure, etc. I would recommend spending some time reading through the project guides and project ideas, and let us know if there is anything in there that catches your eye.
http://www.sciencebuddies.com/science-f ... ndex.shtml
http://www.sciencebuddies.com/science-f ... deas.shtml
Looking forward to hearing more,
Chris

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”