Please help me on this assingment

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

quangnguyen
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Please help me on this assingment

Post by quangnguyen »

Hi everyone,
I'm glad to be back in sciencebuddies. But right now i'm in the middle of something really confusing :? . Trees gives us protection from the sun's rays right? So when trees are cut down it makes a hole in the oozone layer right?So why if trees ptotect us are they covering the comets,stars, and constellation,like the pollution?So does this mean when trees are cut down we can see more in space?I'm confused and dizzy. :? :?: Please help me. Thanks.
Thanks! :D :)

Quang Nguyen
MelissaB

Re: Please help me on this assingment

Post by MelissaB »

Hi,

This is a website for answering science fair questions, not helping with homework. However, I can tell you that the ozone layer is not made of trees; it is made up of gases and is several miles above the earth's surface, much higher than any tree can go. You can find out more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_layer.

As far as I know, cutting down trees does not affect the hole in the ozone layer, because the hole was caused primarily by certain kinds of pollutants that us humans put into the air that react with the ozone and destroy it. Most bottles that spray things (such as spray paint, deodorant, or dust-off for your computer) used to contain these pollutants, but for the most part they don't anymore. Here's a webpage about the ozone hole: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion .

I hope this helps.

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”