Science Fair help

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

ryanf
Project Question: Science Fair Help
Project Due Date: jan 25 2010
Project Status: Not applicable

Science Fair help

Post by ryanf »

Help!
Mt Topic is on permanent marker stains and stain removal. I used a cotton square and a polyester square and marked them four times with four diferent markers[1 of each for each cleaning agent used].Then I placed them into various cleaning agents. I need to know what is my dependant variable, independant variable, constant(s) and controled variables.
Please read this as soon as you can because this project is due on monday!
MelissaB

Re: Science Fair help

Post by MelissaB »

Hi,

Science Buddies has a great explanation of variables, here: http://sciencebuddies.com/science-fair- ... bles.shtml. It sounds like you have at least two independent variables and potentially several control variables; I'm still not completely clear on what you did and what you measured, though.

Take a look at the website and then post back if you still have questions.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”