Procedure help

Ask questions about your science fair project here. Please be specific and complete.

Moderator: berkeleywebs

Antchamp

Procedure help

Post by Antchamp »

My objective is to determine which drink is better after a work-out. My Procedure is to:Interview 25 people (male and female, all ages)
30 min workout
Different Fluid same amount
Record how each felt in 4 area's after fluid intake
Am I forgetting something???
Matt D

quantitative

Post by Matt D »

How are you going to quantitatively (with numbers) measure their responses? I would guess that all beverages would get favorable remarks, as everyone is thirsty after a 30 minute workout.

Also, this seems rather subjective to me. Each person is only going to try one drink, so there is no basis for comparison. Are you going to repeat the trials? If you repeat them with the same subjects (same drink or different) you might be able to have something to compare.

Finally, what are your criteria for which drink is better? Are they stuff like does this drink replenish electrolytes and sugar, etc quickly? Or are they questions like which drink do you like the taste of (which is subjective)? Somehow I don't think you can answer the first one by interviewing people. If you do interview people, make sure the questions are specific and written out ahead of time.
~Matt Durstenfeld
science buddies expert
Antchamp

Post by Antchamp »

Each person will try the same drink per trail, drink will be covered up. the trails will be repeated with a different drink. All people on 1 specific day would consume the same drink. The thirstyness will be measured 5 mins after having consumed the drink as would their heart rate, muscle aches, resporation, stomach cramping. Drinks will be-water, gatoraide, Protien drink, Propel.

Return to “General Questions”