pics

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

Kirby
Project Question: how can i finish my project in 3 hours, and get a good grade on it?
Project Due Date: Feb. 5th, 2010
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

pics

Post by Kirby »

does every science fair project need a graph and fotos?
7th Grade Student,
Kirby :D
mpphlipot
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: pics

Post by mpphlipot »

Short answer - NO. But...

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. The project display board and written report are the student's opportunity to communicate the research or design that was done and the results.

If it's an engineering project, where you design and build something, photographs greatly simply the telling of that process. Similarly, if it's a research / experiment type of project, graphs and tables are really helpful in communicating the results and the data relationships. They make it much easier to illustrate your conclusions.

If this project is being entered in a competition, you most certainly want to have visual aids. The judges have a limited amount of time to understand the project and ask questions. Without pictures and graphs they may never even get to the point of understanding what was done.

So, no, you don't *have* to have photos and graphs, but they are extremely helpful for people reviewing the project you can probably kiss any competition chances goodbye if you don't have them.

Mike
Kirby
Project Question: how can i finish my project in 3 hours, and get a good grade on it?
Project Due Date: Feb. 5th, 2010
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Post by Kirby »

ok, thanks :D
7th Grade Student,
Kirby :D
Silverlake
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: 02/05/10
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by Silverlake »

I agree. You would benifit if you have pictures. Judges look at pictures which helps visually see what you did. If you have a really good science fair project idea, data, results, and conclusion that you might get a good score (grade, score, E.C.T) :wink:
"Stay gold", Silverlake

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”