A Research Paper

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

Jacobshhs
Project Question: intelligence (sorry but I'm trying to keep this my project so no one can steal it)
Project Due Date: 9/13 at 8:00 for the STS
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

A Research Paper

Post by Jacobshhs »

Hi i am looking for a couple of old papers, they are Sex differences in mental test scores, variability, and numbers of high-scoring by hedges and Nowell in 1995 and Mackintosh, N. J. (1996). Sex differences and IQ. Journal of Biosocial Science, 28, 559–571. and any others you can recomend. Can you help me find a free copy of these papers?
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Re: A Research Paper

Post by barretttomlinson »

Hi,

I think your best option for a free or low cost copy of these research papers is to talk to a reference librarian at your local public or university library. If the library subscribes to the journal you will be able to get the copy for the cost of copying or printing it. If it does not, librarians can often request a copy from a library which has the back issues or tell you how to find the library which has it. The 1995 Hedges and Nowell paper you ask about was published in Science Vol 269, Issue 5220. Pages 41-45 dated 7 July, 1995. Theoretically if you subscribe to Science print edition you have free access to a web archive of the article, though I had trouble when I tried to get it. Check out this website:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/a ... 69/5220/41

It has a list of articles citing the Hedges & Nowell paper, and provides free access to some of them.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Barrett L Tomlinson

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”