Biology Project Ideas

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

WolfGirlNikkie
Project Question: Biology/Life sciences
Project Due Date: November 30th
Project Status: Not applicable

Biology Project Ideas

Post by WolfGirlNikkie »

Hi,
Ive been searching for about and hour with my mom for science fair ideas. I need 5 proposals for friday to show my Biology Teacher. The haredest part is that the proposal has to be in the following format:
The effect of ____ on ____
We cannot use vertabrates as our test subjects.
I was looking for an experiment using either plants, bacteria or (as approved) psycological effects on humans(i.e. gender on ability to determin _____, effect of age on memory, etc.)
I used topic selection wizzard and because of the format i'm required to put my proposals in, found it of no help.
I'm in a 9th grade honors course but Biology is the 10th grade science for my school so we run at a pace between the 10th grade honors and the 10th grade regents class for bio so I'm looking for a moderately complex experiment.
Thankyou =)
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Re: Biology Project Ideas

Post by barretttomlinson »

Hi,

My best suggestion is to go back to the Science Buddies Project Ideas page, but do not use the Project Selection Wizard. Instead scroll down the page and browse the subject areas that interest you (like Life Science). Look for projects that look like fun, and forget for the moment how you have to phrase your question. When you find some projects you like then read the first few parts of the Science Buddies Project Guide, including the pages on the Scientific Method and Your Question.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... l?From=Tab

If you are clever you can come up with a question like your teacher wants for almost any project you want to do.

Best regards,

Barrett L Tomlinson

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”