General Question (sorry if this is the wrong place)

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

The VideoGamer
Project Question: My project is about stereotypes of video gamers and if they match up to what video gamers can be. I would like information on common stereotypes of video gamers, why people stereotype video gamers, and are video gamers the best judge of themselves.
Project Due Date: November 12, 2010
Project Status: I am conducting my research

General Question (sorry if this is the wrong place)

Post by The VideoGamer »

Hi everybody! I'm new here so please excuse me if I shouldn't have posted here. I was wondering where I should post a question about a topic relating to human behavior, mainly stereotyping. I am also confused on where to post a question relating to video games. Again, if I shouldn't have posted here please excuse me.
agm
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: General Question (sorry if this is the wrong place)

Post by agm »

Hi VideoGamer,

Welcome to the forum.

"Human behavior" as a topic is included in the 6-8 Life, Earth and Social Sciences forum. Video games are an interesting category and it's totally reasonable that you had to ask: if you're interested in writing one or aspects of how they work, you'd probably want to post in 6-8 Math and Computer Science, but if you're interested in how people interact with games, that falls under the category of human behavior (life sciences).

You might be interested in our collection of project ideas related to video games: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ames.shtml

Amanda

Return to “Grades 6-8: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”