pharmacy

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

yashpatel
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

pharmacy

Post by yashpatel »

hi i am a new one in america and have taken regular bioligy in science and i am thinking of becoming a pharmacist. i want to know that i haven't taken any AP courses so if i take it next year would it affect me and which courses should i take next year so i can be good at my choice and which other things should i do to pursue a career in that field. any different exam or something at this level. i am in grade 11
agm
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: pharmacy

Post by agm »

Hi yashpatel,

We have info career info for prospective pharmacists right here! https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... c001.shtml

Note that, at least in the US, becoming a pharmacist requires a doctoral degree after completing an undergraduate (bachelor's) degree. So a good first step might be to figure out what undergraduate major would prepare you to apply to pharmacy programs and be enjoyable for you, and then what high-school classes would prepare you well for that major.

Hope that helps,
Amanda
NICOLES98
Project Question: Pharmacist-Do you know any current research or pratices that are being done in the pharmacist field?
field?
Project Due Date: january 2011
Project Status: I am just starting

Post by NICOLES98 »

I AM DOING THE FIRST PART OF MY SCIENCE PROJECT. i WILL BE DOING AN EXPERIMENT/INVENTION IN THE PHARMACY FIELD(ANY IDEAS). i JUST NEED TO INTERVIEW YOU IF THERE ARE ANY NEW PRACTICES BEING DONE IN THE FIELD AND ANY OTHER INFO YOU HAVE AVAILABLE. MY REPORT IS DONE,DUE TOM.,JUST NEED TO FILL THIS PART OUT. THANK YOU
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

Nicole,

I do not believe we have any pharmacists as Experts at Science Buddies. Please see Science Buddies' policy on interviews: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... =35&t=5681 . I would suggest going to your local pharmacy and speaking with a pharmacist there.

Good luck!

Return to “Careers in Science”