follow the bouncing ball animated

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

roy
Project Question: follow the bouncing ball animated
Project Due Date: may 17
Project Status: I am conducting my research

follow the bouncing ball animated

Post by roy »

we keep try do copy and paste the code from the web site butt we cannot get the ball to appear.i dont understand what we are doing wrong.help please we are getting very confused.all we get to show up is a box with a dragon looking head inside the box and it doesnt move.thanks roy
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: follow the bouncing ball animated

Post by amyc »

Hi - I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the animation in the project.

If I understand correctly, you've saved the HTML file, and when you open it in your browser, you are not seeing anything other than a box? It sounds like it is possible JavaScript is not enabled or turned on in your browser. You might check that first.

I just tried the code from the project: (Follow the Bouncing Ball: A Web Animation Project, https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... p012.shtml), and it does work.

In addition to checking to make sure your browser is configured to allow JavaScript, here are a few things to check:

-- Did you save the ball image to your computer. It will need to be in the same directory as the HTML file for the code to work (without updating the path to the image).
-- Once you've saved the image and saved the HTML file, you open the HTML file in your browser, and you should see the image moving. That isn't happening?

If you can post your code here, it will help our Experts to be able to see exactly what you have in your HTML file. Also, let us know what browser you are using (name and version).

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”