about model rocket

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

sudikshya
Project Question: How to make model rocket for science project?
Project Due Date: July 9th,2011
Project Status: I am just starting

about model rocket

Post by sudikshya »

How can i prepare model rocket for the science project? I have not any specific ideas about it. i have just been starting and researching on this topic.
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Re: about model rocket

Post by Craig_Bridge »

Is there a model rocket club near by that has a test firing range that you can join? If not, your first problem is range safety. Range safety is something beyond what the experts at science buddies can help you with. You are going to need local adult supervision from somebody with expertise in rockets to help you.

Once you have solved your test safety range problems, you will have enough information on what safety limitations your range that will translate back to how much fuel and how big an engine you can safely experiment with.

At that point, you will need to come up with a scientific question to investigate that can be done with materials that are safe to use on your test range. At that stage in the project, the experts here maybe able to answer some questions and provide some assistance.

SAFETY FIRST!
-Craig

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”