"procedures" section of board

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

att159
Project Question: ------
Project Due Date: January 19
Project Status: I am conducting my research

"procedures" section of board

Post by att159 »

Hello,
Due to the large amount of data I have, I'm having a hard time fitting everything on my board. Do you think it would be okay to simply have a diagram of my step by step procedures (flowchart style, with pictures of the techniques) rather than having the lengthy protocols directly on the board? I will of course have the protocols in my accompanying notebook.

edit: I'm in biological sciences, and most of my procedures, aside from the data analysis, aren't a particular area of innovation -- assay kits, etc. were used.
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: "procedures" section of board

Post by amyc »

I think having the lengthy protocols in the book is a good plan. Have you reviewed the Science Buddies resources for project display boards?

The current resources begin here: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... oard.shtml

You'll find a handy checklist on that page, too, which may help you narrow down what you really want to make sure your board includes.

These resources are currently being revised a bit, and those revisions will be live later today. I mention the revision because there is a new and improved sample diagram of a display board that may be helpful for modeling. But the existing pages and samples are a great resource as you plan your board!

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”