to get hydrogen &oxygen gas

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

swaroop
Project Question: hydrogen fuel
Project Due Date: 15th march
Project Status: I am just starting

to get hydrogen &oxygen gas

Post by swaroop »

:cry: :?

any method to decompose water with sunlight

[Moderator note: incomplete url removed.]
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: to get hydrogen &oxygen gas

Post by HeatherL »

Welcome to Science Buddies!

I am not clear about your question. Are you doing a project that involves using sunlight to decompose water into hydrogen and oxygen gas? If so, are you looking for background information or help with your procedure? Please post back with a specific question and we'll do our best to help!
grace7177
Former Expert
Project Question: Biochemistry
Project Due Date: Completed
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: to get hydrogen &oxygen gas

Post by grace7177 »

Hi!

Like Heather mentioned, it would be great if you could be more specific with your question, such as in what context or project you will be doing hydrolysis.

If you are talking about hydrolysis alone, I recommend you to check out this link: http://students.chem.tue.nl/ifp20/pages ... 1par3.html (it gives you an outline of water splitting routes using solar energy split into electrochemical, thermochemical, biological, and thermochemical methods).

Also, check out this interesting article on a power plant that makes hydrogen by splitting water with concentrated sunlight! http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/ ... 030801.asp

Hope this helps & if you have any other questions, please ask!

-Grace

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”