Medicine and Health Idea

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

bmirish898
Project Question: N/ A
Project Due Date: February 2013
Project Status: Not applicable

Medicine and Health Idea

Post by bmirish898 »

I would like to do something involving the effects of food and nutrition. Any ideas for an award winning project?
donnahardy2
Former Expert

Re: Medicine and Health Idea

Post by donnahardy2 »

Hi,

For an award winning project, you will need to identify a topic that will answer a question that has not been answered before. The key to finding a topic is to do background reading and look for a problem that you are interested in. And looking at scientific references will give you the background on what research has been done on the topic, and what problems still need to be solved.

To get started, go to the top of this page and select science fair project ideas and search for “food and nutrition.” This will bring up 172 project ideas. Look through these to find an interesting topic and read the background references to get more information. Please let me know what topics appeal to you, and, if you need more help, I’ll try to give additional suggestions for a specific topic. For a successful, prize-winning project, you will need to ask a question that can be answered by a carefully controlled experiment.

Did you have any topics that you are especially interested in investigating?

Donna Hardy

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”