Choosing a Project Around Photosynthesis & Cyanobacteria

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

hhr16
Project Question: Cyanobacteria and Photosynthesis
Project Due Date: March/April 2013
Project Status: I am just starting

Choosing a Project Around Photosynthesis & Cyanobacteria

Post by hhr16 »

Hello,

I'm going to be a 10th grader this year and I've signed up for an accelerated biology class. The class requires every student to participate in a science fair and by earlier August all students must have sent in their ideas of a science project. I'm completely clueless as what to choose for a project and I have no idea where to begin! All I know is that from 9th grade's Science, I want to do a project based on Cyanobacteria and Photosynthesis. I want to be able to understand the project and the vocabulary that comes with it. I feel absolutely clueless as to what sorts of experiments would be compatible with Cyanobacteria and Photosynthesis.

Thank you!
-hhr16
k4gfwgerry
Former Expert
Occupation: Retired Electronics Engineer from Motorola Solutions
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Choosing a Project Around Photosynthesis & Cyanobacteria

Post by k4gfwgerry »

There is a lot of information about this subject at http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/bacteria/cyanolh.html. It includes a glossary and other related resources. This subject is very timely as it relates to how these processes can be used to manufacture food. Good luck with your project.
Gerry Gruenbaum
Science Buddies "Ask an Expert" Volunteer

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”