Independent Variable, Dependent Variable, and Control

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

ashley__fernandez
Project Question: Is there such a thing as too much water when it comes to plants?
Project Due Date: Monday December 3rd 2012
Project Status: Not applicable

Independent Variable, Dependent Variable, and Control

Post by ashley__fernandez »

Hi, I just started my science fair project that's due on Monday December 3rd 2012. I came up with an easy topic relating to water. "Is there such a thing as too much water when it comes to plants?" I had to make up some information because I don't have enough time to conduct the experiment. My project is about watering 3 different plants. Over watering one plant, under watering another plant and just giving enough water to the last plant. I'm not sure what the independent, dependent variables, or the control would be. Help please :)
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Independent Variable, Dependent Variable, and Control

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello.

Making up information is never a good idea for a science project. One conducts a science experiment out of curiosity or a need to solve a problem. You want your outcome to be representative of what happens on a larger scale. You cannot provide representative results if you make up information. I suggest looking through the topic wizard below. There are plenty of topic ideas you can do in less than a day.

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ndaproject

Good luck!
Deana

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”