Engeneering Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

mtardy
Project Question: Can military drones be used for peaceful purposes?
Project Due Date: February 25
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Engeneering Project

Post by mtardy »

One of my requirements for my project is that I fill out a worksheet for a science project.
I am required to do that, and I don't have a science project, I have an engineering project, which I also can do.
How do I figure out how to fill out the worksheet even if the questions are related to a science project?
akbarkhan
Former Expert
Project Question: NA
Project Due Date: NA
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Engeneering Project

Post by akbarkhan »

The best way to prepare a science spreadsheet to an engineering project is to consider the underlying science to the engineering that you are exploring in your project and respond accordingly. In other words, if you are considering the best engine design, consider the thermodynamic effects of your different design changes.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

Just to add to that advice, I would suggest asking your teacher for advice about how to fill the worksheet out. Different science fairs require different paperwork, so your teacher can help you much more than we can.
akbarkhan
Former Expert

Post by akbarkhan »

I would agree with MelissaB to ask your teacher for help. It requires a bit of coordination with your teacher to fill out the required paperwork properly. But do keep one thing in mind--engineering is applied science and engineering is not divorced from scientific principles. Sometimes you need an experienced hand (like your teacher) to help you discover the underlying science that powers engineering.
mtardy
Project Question: Can military drones be used for peaceful purposes?
Project Due Date: February 25
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by mtardy »

Thanks guys. I successfully filled out my worksheet for that class, and am reserching my topic: Can military drones be used for peaceful purposes?
Are there any resources that you can think of that would help my research?

For people who are trying to do this same project: this is a good post which outlines the peaceful uses of drones. (at least the newsworthy ones)
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blog/show ... e=activity
akbarkhan
Former Expert

Post by akbarkhan »

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”