Catching Stardust Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

acealpaca
Project Question: I am doing this experiment: Catching Stardust
and I am not sure how to conduct step 16. Please help as soon as you can! I have adobe photoshop downloaded, but how am I supposed to count ALL those particles?
Project Due Date: December 20th, 2012
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Catching Stardust Project

Post by acealpaca »

Hi, forum! Tomorrow my science fair project is due for 200 points. Scary huh? I've already done the Catching Stardust experiment here ---> https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #procedure
But I'm getting lost at step 16. I've taken pictures of my satellites but I'm not sure how to count the particles? I uploaded them to photoshop...what do I do next? Please answer as soon as possible, this is due tomorrow.
ChiaraB
Former Expert
Project Question: Science Buddies Mentor
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Catching Stardust Project

Post by ChiaraB »

I'm sorry if this answer came too late...
But if you are finding it difficult to count every speck of dust in the circle, I would suggest dividing the circle into equal parts, then zooming in really close and estimating the number of particles in one section, and then multiplying that number to find the particles in the whole circle.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”