Have two questions about ending project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

valmcnutt2011
Project Question: does hand soap or santizier help prevent bread mold.
Project Due Date: Feb 5th 2013
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Have two questions about ending project

Post by valmcnutt2011 »

I am helping my daughter complete her first science fair. We are wondering if she has to do a background research for her project? She is in 2nd grade. Other question we had was if we could use a photo ablum for pictures that were taken during the process of her project that will not fit on the display board?
VSegarra
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Have two questions about ending project

Post by VSegarra »

Hi!
Thanks for coming to us for feedback. Yes, you should definitely do some background research. Background research will allow you to formulate a well-informed hypothesis for your research question. It will also allow you to make the project your own when you are designing the experiments. For example, there may be additional conditions you would like to try or modification you would like to make to a previously published experiment. Have you decided on a topic yet?
Happy Research!
Veronica
valmcnutt2011
Project Question: does hand soap or santizier help prevent bread mold.
Project Due Date: Feb 5th 2013
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Post by valmcnutt2011 »

Yes, We did all the data for the topic that we are doing which is do hand soaps and sanitizers prevent the growth of bread mold? Can I include a photo ablum for the extra photos that she took of the breads that do not fit on the display board? Thanks
klhjbh62604
Project Question: Ask the Expert Volunteer.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by klhjbh62604 »

Hello valmcnutt2011:

Thanks for the follow-up question regarding the photo album. I think a photo album should be just fine. You could always just have it with you and not put it out as part of your exhibit. If individuals have further interest your daughter could pull out the album. Otherwise, try to focus all of your results on your display board. If need be, make graphs to incorporate all of your results. You can use the photo album as supplementary data.

Hope this helps.
klhjbh62604

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”