Java Embed code

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

cnwstudent
Project Question: How fast is your computer. Testing the speed of your computer with a java timing applet.
Project Due Date: January 13 2013
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Java Embed code

Post by cnwstudent »

Hi
I am doing i science fair project with the idea from this site called "How Fast is Your Computer" and i was wondering whether anybody knew the html code used for that java applet. I need this because i am posting it on a website i created for all of my classmates to view my project.
Thanks
cnwstudent
vysarge
Former Expert
Project Question: Student volunteer.
Project Due Date: N/a: see above.
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Java Embed code

Post by vysarge »

Hello cnwstudent!

I am not familiar with the code for that particular applet- it's embedded and saved in the applet archive as a .jar, which is essentially just an executable file. I don't think that the applets are open source. However, you could also just link to the applet.

Alternatively, if you are familiar with html and can work with it on your site, the applet itself should be [[here]]. Though my Java is currently a little buggy, so I'm not sure if the .jar will work if downloaded in that way, it may be worth a try. Once you have the .jar, you should be able to embed the applet. If you're unfamiliar with html, you could try searching things like "html embedding a java applet".

I'm a little rusty on html and source code, though, so if this doesn't work, be sure to ask!

Good luck, and hope this helped!
-Vysarge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nature uses only the longest threads to weave her patterns, so that each small piece of her fabric reveals the organization of the entire tapestry.
-Richard Feynman
cnwstudent
Project Question: How fast is your computer. Testing the speed of your computer with a java timing applet.

Post by cnwstudent »

Thank you for this help but it doesn't run when I double click on the icon.
Thanks again cnwstudent
cnwstudent

Post by cnwstudent »

Please i would like a working link asap my project is due tomorrow. Anyone who knows the answer to my question please post a reply
Thanks cnwstudent
hhemken
Former Expert

Post by hhemken »

cnwstudent,

Although it may be too late, could you tell us how you put it on your own web page? It doesn't look like it is intended to be redistributed.

Heinz Hemken
Heinz Hemken
Mentor
Science Buddies Expert Forum

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”