Project for GSF

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

PRAKASHKUMAR
Project Question: i want a project on future chemistry.
Project Due Date: 1st june
Project Status: I am just starting

Project for GSF

Post by PRAKASHKUMAR »

hi,
i have two projects but i need help in chosing one project which i can use to enter in GSF 2013 & its my last year.
1] i have designed a car which runs on renewable energy. it is a sedan type with top speed 120Km/Hr with capacity of 4 average sized person and 100 Kg luggage. it generates electricity and stores in battery and runs for infinite distance but in some situtation battery may run out, so we can exhange battery and put new one through a battery charging station.
2] i have lowered the cost of algae biodiesel to $0.35/liter . also it would take around $45,000 to set up a algae factory on one acre of land(includes all charges). we could generate 4time normal algae yield. also we produce biomass,water, electricity which could be used by farmers for farming specially in developing countries. also it is a 100% return business & could increase GDP, provide employment and much more.
So please help me to chose ?
For questions please ask.
Snobs3747
Former Expert
Project Question: To volunteer as an expert
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Project for GSF

Post by Snobs3747 »

Hello! Those projects sound excellent!
Both of them are very interesting and seem challenging.
However, what draws my attention towards the second one is that it is on a bigger scale. The second project, if successful, can really bring about some change and shows how applicational and useful the project itself is.
Let me know if you need more help!
PRAKASHKUMAR

Post by PRAKASHKUMAR »

Okay; one more thing is that i have already won 3 national level awards for second project and GSF people said you need to show what else you have prepared for GSF different? I have nothing modified the project is the same its already modified to the maximum i can do with my resources. Also it is not a new idea biodiesel its old but i have done a significant research in it.....so should i submit it??????
Goldenzenith
Former Student Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a

Post by Goldenzenith »

Hi Prakashkumar,

I agree with the above Expert, but also feel that if you have reservations concerning the "novelty" of your second project, submit the first! I was looking at the Google Science Fair page and did not see whether you could submit multiple entries. If it's the case that you cannot, stick with the first; it's still amazing and very applicable to many.
Need an idea or some inspiration?
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas.shtml

Want to read up on awesome projects and science/math-related news?
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/blog/index.php

Enjoy! :D
-RM, Expert
John Dreher
Former Expert
Occupation: Astronomer, Professor of Physics, SETI Researcher (retired)
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a

Post by John Dreher »

" ... also it would take around $45,000 to set up a algae factory on one acre of land(includes all charges)."

Crowdsourcing might conceivably be an option.
PRAKASHKUMAR

Post by PRAKASHKUMAR »

$45000 per acre is much less money compared to the products what i offer at low prices like biodiesel;water; biomass; electricity and also keep buisness in huge profit. I am confident about novelty about my project bcoz its new and no one have ever achieved so much more biodiesel at such low costs. Also many scientists; researches; professonrs-best in our country; entraprenuers support the second project
this project will benefit to all people directly or indirectly
PRAKASHKUMAR

Post by PRAKASHKUMAR »

Please say your views, i need to hear everyone

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”