DNA Gynom and genetics

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

Andrewisac
Project Question: Biotechnology and genetic engineering
Project Due Date: No specific date
Project Status: I am just starting

DNA Gynom and genetics

Post by Andrewisac »

I am a high school graduate and i am about to apply for a university this year
I ve watched and read many things about genetics and applications on animals an plants by cloning them , transgenics and nuclear transfer ,
I am pretty interested in this but I dont know which kind of faculties study genetics and all of its application and focus on genetics as the infrastructure for their studies!

I dont know where to apply , Biotechnology or Biomedical or micro biology or etc ?
What to choose and apply for ?
Limeybean
Former Expert
Project Question: Science Fairs are Awesome!
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: DNA Gynom and genetics

Post by Limeybean »

Hi Andrewisac,

Genomics and genetics are used in a variety of biological sciences from biomedical to ecology and evolutionary biology research. Regardless of how you choose to apply genomics and genetics, you need a solid background in biology. If you do not know exactly where your interests lie, you can apply to be a biology major and then change your major or emphasis later. Course work for the first two years should be similar across biology majors. Once you find a topic that is interesting you can also apply to work in a lab as an undergraduate researcher.

Good Luck,
Emily

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”