Science project help?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

justasking
Project Question: How does global warming affect flood frequencies in the U.K. and Bangladesh?
Project Due Date: April 12
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Science project help?

Post by justasking »

I'm having a difficult time writing my procedure and materials for my science project. My project doesn't have me go and test my experiment, but I have to research.
My question is: How does global warming affect flood frequencies in the U.K. and Bangladesh?
I have no clue on what to write for my procedure and the materials, and I also need some help on my background information.
My project is due pretty soon, and I'm so behind.
Help?
jmehta14
Former Expert
Project Question: Do probiotics with antibiotics have a greater affect on different types of bacteria?
Project Due Date: March 1st
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Science project help?

Post by jmehta14 »

Hi,
Seems like you have to do a book report on the conseuqences of global warming and floods in Bangladesh and U.K. You can look up for articles from National geographic and Times or News Week to be able to to come up with information about it. I hope this helps.

Jay
grace7177
Former Expert
Project Question: Biochemistry
Project Due Date: Completed
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Post by grace7177 »

Welcome to Science Buddies!

Like Jay suggested, I would also start researching by dissecting articles or journals from credible sources.

I would first research on the link between flooding and global warming. Knowing such correlation may lead you to postulate the reasons behind the geographic locations that show such relationship. You can start with articles like this one: http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110216/ ... 0316a.html

Your research question is not exactly a scientific experiment, so writing a procedure or methodology is not really feasible. I suggest you to come up with a different scientific question or study purpose that might reduce flood risk thus global warming.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

-Grace
justasking
Project Question: How does global warming affect flood frequencies in the U.K. and Bangladesh?
Project Due Date: April 12
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by justasking »

Thank you! This sort of helped me out a bit.
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by HeatherL »

Hi justasking,

You have already gotten some good advice from Jay and Grace. I just wanted to add some information that might help you further.

First, you can find a lot of good background information on the internet. Although Wikipedia is not a reliable resource itself, most Wikipedia pages have links at the bottom that will take you to credible references. You can also use Google Scholar to find scientific articles.

Science Buddies has a project about how hurricanes are affected by climate, and I think you could use the Background and the Procedure for this project to help you with yours: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... p007.shtml

Please post again (in this same thread) if you have any more questions!

Heather

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”