Project Ideas for ISEF

Questions related to finding and working with a mentor, finding an idea, etc.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

rk9109
Project Question: 7th Grade - What trails do gamma rays and/or X-rays create in a thermoelectric cloud chamber?
8th Grade - Looking for Ideas....
Project Due Date: March 26
Project Status: I am just starting

Project Ideas for ISEF

Post by rk9109 »

Hello!

I am trying to think of a project so I can make into ISEF. I currently live in a relatively small city,
but it is classified as its own region, so I do not have as much competition as other, larger cities.
Last year, there were only about 10 projects in the highschool division, so I decided to participate
in the highschool division instead of the middle-school division this year.

Since I am mainly interested in Physics and Engineering, I checked out the ISEF past winners page.
Is there anyway to see the actual projects of the winners? This would definitely give me a bunch of
ideas for a project. Are there any other places where I could view winning science-fair projects?

As for a mentor, I do know a past ISEF winner who helped me with my project last year, so he may
be willing to help me again. I suppose I am luckier than most in that sense. :)

All help is greatly appreciated!
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Project Ideas for ISEF

Post by amyc »

I don't believe you can view past projects in their entirety, but have you tried using the search engine for abstracts for past Intel ISEF competitions?

http://apps.societyforscience.org/abstracts/

I think you may find this a helpful way to get a better sense of the kinds of projects that have been competitive at ISEF in years past.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Getting Started”